Thursday, May 28, 2009

Now, a word from our sponsors.

I am sitting down to write about Disney, i promise, but I just have to recommend a recipe really quick because I'm laughing at how fast my children scarfed it up. My children who will try to pick out every sliver of basil from the pizza sauce, or whine about generic, non-controversial food like sweet potatoes, chicken casserole, and pasta salad. They can't get enough of kale:
Seriously folks, I brought a bunch home from the coop today, prepared half so we could have something green with our pb&j, and it was gone before I could snap a picture. So I made the other half while they watched a movie. They're picking up the crumbs from the pan as we speak.
There are recipes all over the Internet, and I remember trying "flash fried spinach" with my brother and sister in law once. This is just as addicting, and a little healthier. So here's how I did it: Tear a bunch of kale into bite sized pieces--don't use the stems. Place in one layer on a large baking sheet.
drizzle with olive oil, salt, and, if you want, Parmesan cheese.
bake at 375 until crispy, i think it took about 15 minutes. Get a plate for yourself before the pan looks like this:

2 comments:

Household6 said...

I'll have to try this! I make a soup with kale and they eat it but it usually includes some complaining!

Heather

Suzanne said...

Kale? REALLY? KALE? I'm way past impressed.