What?! You're moving?!
I've been hearing that a bit lately at which point I give my standard answer: Yes, we're military, we move. It's going to be a great year for us, and we're looking forward to it, but it will be really really hard to leave Savannah.
I realize I haven't updated everyone on our news, mostly because, as it is with much of our life, there are still a lot of variables out there. But here goes: Jess is finishing up his time with the Savannah District and will be heading to ILE. That's army talk for a one year school for Majors. It's at Fort Leavenworth, KS just north of Kansas City. Yes, there's a big prison there. There is also a beautiful post, a very active Officer Christian Fellowship group, and Nebraska Furniture Mart. It's an amusement park of furniture. We've visited Leavenworth (and Nebraska Furniture Mart) several times in the past, when we lived at Fort Riley. We tried for several months to sell our home here, with no luck, and are now trying to find a renter. We're scheduled to move the second week in July and already have our housing assignment at Leavenworth in the Infantry Barracks. Sounds exciting, huh? They are actually converted 100 year old barracks, but I've heard they are very very nice. Bigger than we have here, but more like apartment living, which will be a challenge with 4 kids and a big dog! We've been busy looking up satellite imagery on maps.live.com and shopping for rugs to cover all of those hardwood floors.
We know it will be great. But we're sad. We're very sad. We will leave our church and school where we've been for six (non-consecutive) years. And we have a lot of uncertainty. We don't know who will rent our house. We don't know where we will go to church. We don't know how we will manage without a backyard. We don't even know if we will homeschool the children next year or send them to public school! This isn't unusual for us. It just seems to get harder the older our children get.
Its enough to keep me up at night (oh, wait, that's kind of a bad habit of mine with or without anxiety). Then I think of this beautiful baby.
His middle name is Jeremiah. He's named for his mother's favorite verse about God's providence.
Couldn't you just eat him up? And he'll hug you too. Not like my kids. They squirm.
His parents (and their friends--me!) prayed for him long before he was born. And they were encouraged that God had a plan for them.
4 comments:
Sounds like Jeremiah has a story... I'd love to hear it.
I feel your pain on the house situation... we owned 2 houses (without a renter) for 7 months and it was not fun. Renting seems like a better idea. I wish I could see ya'll at Leavenworth but we're not scheduled to arrive till another year. Like you said, it's going to be a great year! Great Wolf Lodge, Worlds of fun, and great military community.
We are hoping to get to Leavenworth after Luke finishes his deployment. However, you will be gone then:( If we go, we will stay there atleast 3 years since Luke will work at TRAC (tradoc research and analysis center) there.
Beautiful Post. Beautiful faith.
Post a Comment