Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello, blog, I've missed you. . . .er...not so much.


I have to admit I've enjoyed a slower pace AND a computer diet lately. But I started reading blogs again, and it spurred me on to get back into writing. Hmmmm. How to catch you up. Backwards or forwards? Let's go backwards, so I can start with the reason that even my fingers hurt while typing this, then every word that follows will be that much more impressive.

I'm working out. Ok, just two days so far, but man oh man! Jess decided to do this thing called P90X which he can totally rock. It's hardcore, and not for mommies who previously stayed somewhat in shape by carting babies on the hip and walking. occasionally. rarely. sort of. So I modify every bit of these videos and make up my own, but hey! It gets me moving, right? Jess is going out of his way to help me. Yesterday he came home with push up bars and 20lb weights. for me. i laughed. Still, he told me I have to learn not to talk to him while we are exercising. That might just be the hardest part.
Rewind.

We came home Saturday night to a clean house. Not even "man clean." but really real clean. Bathtubs clean. Towels and sheets washed. beds made. My husband knows how to make me happy. He is also getting ready to sell our house. Arg. Yes, we will move, Lord willing, in July to Ft.Leavenworth (KC, Kansas) but we do have a house to sell or rent. I don't even want to think about it or write about it right now. . .

We spent a few days in Nashville and had our family Christmas there when my mom returned from Oklahoma. We missed Jess and Esther, who had to head home the day after Christmas. Here are some pictures from Christmas #4.


Before that. . . . Dad and I drove home from Ok. The kids and the dad did well for all 12 hrs.

To steal a quote from Dad, it was a long, but grace and peace filled few weeks. I am so thankful to get a hug and pictures with Papaw, and thankful I was able to be there for the funeral--if I hadn't been in Ok at the time, I don't know if I would have been able to get there. Thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement! Here are some more Oklahoma pictures before I head out to restock the pantry:
Christmas morning
it took Jesse 3 hours to put together the 3 big kids' big present from Grandma and Grandpa. I think we were up til about 1am. . . but it's so cute!

FAMILY

3 comments:

ejm said...

Cute pics BUT this is not my favorite way to find out YOU ARE MOVING!?! :(

(ps - perhaps I've been in denial; I realize that this is what you do in the military:)).

Becka said...

I'm just disappointed that Kansas is not any closer to Boston!

Marlo said...

What a sweet post! We will miss you tons though. :( We have an Office get-together to plan!